The projects module supports dependencies within project tasks. Specifically, you can employ both Start-to-Start dependencies and End-to-Start dependencies in their projects. Dependencies can be implemented across tasks and within sub-tasks of a parent task. To use this feature in one of your existing projects, follow the steps outlined below.
- Go to Projects > My Projects
- Select an existing project to which you’d like to add a dependency
- Click on the ellipse next to a task, and select Edit Task
- To implement an End-Start dependency, use the multi-select under “End-Start Predecessor” to select a task for this task to be dependent on. When you set a task to depend on the End of another task, the dependent task’s start and end dates will update
- The Start-to-Start Predecessor will update a dependents task to have the same date as the task it depends on
- You can also make sub-tasks dependent on each other, as long as they belong to the same parent task
- However, you can’t create an End-to-Start dependency that will set a sub-task due date outside of the parent task date