What is PSA software?
PSA software is a front-end and back-end system for operating a service-based business and managing all of the information that is generated by the different business processes.
A PSA takes the place of a number of different systems that are used by different departments in a company, such as accounting, project management, or customer relationship management (CRM).
The PSA also handles areas like time recording, billing, reporting, and labor use. These processes are integrated with the accounting, customer relationship management systems, and payroll to improve the working of the company’s operations.
The software works by using metrics to quantify basic business processes that can help people to streamline and improve the processes.
PSA software is made to help legal professionals, people who work in IT, advertising and public relations, among other service-based industries. The software provides most of the functions necessary to manage a professional services company. It enables a company to manage demand, sales, service delivery, and also to track costs and profitability.
What can a PSA software do for my business?
- It provides a single storehouse for all of the data in all departments of a company
- It helps employees to manage projects, tasks and other activities, increasing their productivity and efficiency.
- A PSA enables companies to optimize their resource management, enabling them to waste less, improve the quality of projects, and boost profitability.
- The PSA is designed to automate and manage many common business tasks. Its purpose is to make sure that customer projects are finished on time, within budget, and that they meet a customer’s needs and specifications.
What should a PSA have?
- Project management module
- Resource management capabilities
- Time recording
- Billing and invoicing
- CRM system
- Payroll system
- Expense and budgeting capabilities
Benefits of a PSA
Here are just a few of the benefits of using PSA software:
- Faster workflows for invoicing and staffing
- Enable you to get projects done on time and within budget
- Prevents revenue losses
- More efficient use of resources
- Improves profit margins
PSA software will enable all the different areas of your business to work together. You can, for example, put all of your key performance indicators on one dashboard, and integrate your sales and CRM software with your project management tools.
Ease of use
PSA systems should be easy to use. No matter what function you are performing– ticketing, making a proposal, managing a project, or payroll– a good PSA has fields that can be customized and integrated with outreach tools.
It can scale with your business
As your business grows, a PSA can grow with it. It is scalable. It will get the job done no matter how big your business is.
PSA platforms can cut costs and increase revenue
Studies have shown that PSAs can increase project margins, increase the number of projects completed on time and on budget, and shorten the billing cycle.
What’s the difference between a PSA and an ERP?
An ERP is designed to manage a company’s resources, things like employees, finances, equipment, and buildings. It’s a cloud-based software platform that lets you automate many of the back-office functions, such as HR, technology, and other services.
A PSA has all of the things you would find in an ERP, but it has more. It also includes a CRM module, one that gives you all the tools you need for your marketing and sales efforts.
What integrates with Aysling’s PSA?
Aysling offers you dozens of integrations, with such platforms as QuickBooks Online, Twilio, Zapier, Hubspot, Metabase, Slack, Pendo, Mandrill, and much more.
To sum up, a PSA offers you a complete package to help you run just about every aspect of your business – and also saves you money.
We would be more than happy to show you how Aysling’s PSA works. Contact us for more information or to set up a real-time demonstration.